[Dixielandjazz] A Passion For Music

Roy Taylor budtuba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 06:00:36 PST 2013

Friends,

As musicians I know this will interest you.  This was on 60 Minutes last
night.  However, a Google search shows it has been covered by the major
news groups for many years.  I did not do an exhaustive search of YouTube,
but suspect you can find something there, too.

What is so amazing is how good their sound is and the construction of their
instruments from scrap materials gleaned from a trash landfill in
Paraguay.  While the human interest focuses on the young musicians, think
about the inventiveness of the instrument makers who figured out the
physics of construction.  Truly amazing.

*http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/17/15965768-a-way-out-of-the-landfill-paraguay-kids-play-mozart-with-violins-made-from-trash

--
Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band