[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics to Sweet Lovin' Man???

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 23 17:40:54 PDT 2013

Jack Mitchell wrote in reply to Stubby's request::
Anybody know if there are any lyrics to "Sweet Lovin' Man" by King Oliver.
> Yes George Brunis sang the lyrics on Wild Bill's Cpmmoder recording.

Dear Jack,
You just beat me to it.
However, to be pedantic as usual, it is not Wild Bill's recording, although he was on it.
It is from the George Brunies and His Jazz Band session for Commodore on 11 January 1946 with Wild Bill Davison (c) George Brunies (tb/vcl) Tony Parenti (cl) Gene Schroeder (p) Eddie Condon (g) Jack Lesberg (sb) Danny Alvin (d).
It is a (Melrose-Hardin) composition and George was on its first recorded version by the New Orleans Rhythm Kings in March 1923 which predates the King Oliver June 1923 version by several months.
For Stubby,
Finding a CD version of the Brunies Commodore version may be difficult.
I can transcribe the words for you from my LP.
But not today.
It is not on YouTube, that I can find, but iTunes may have it. I haven't checked as I don't buy from them.
8>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.