[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Music Festival Line-up

Rick Campbell ricksax at comcast.net
Tue May 21 13:11:34 PDT 2013

After much deliberation, we got reservations and will attend the Sacramento (Music Festival) Jubilee, perhaps for the last time.
We were waiting to see if more trad jazz artists and bands would be announced, but it did not happen.
I note that on the web home page, there is a listing for "Ragtime and early jazz" (Not even capitalized) and I can identify about a dozen bands that truly honor and perform early jazz well.
None of those are "featured bands", which all seem to be of other musical persuasions.
It is a very thin listing of trad musicians compared to recent years, and I am sure that Bill Borcher is rolling over in his grave.
However, my wife will enjoy High Street, Igor, Tom Rigney, Royal Society, and the Cash Tribute.
What I did for love.

Rick Campbell
Portland, Oregon USA
503-701-7356