[Dixielandjazz] Belgian Beer

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu May 9 12:17:48 PDT 2013

The drink (ichor Belgarum) Marek refers to is properly spelled

HOEGARDEN

which reminds me of the Al Grey line about an English friend prevailed upon by
his wife to use a lawn-mower, and injured in the process.
Al of course said that the man shouldn't have been mowing a lawn, he being a
musician.  Mrs. Humphrey Lyttelton was reported as unimpressed by an attempt
to plead exemption on the same grounds.

Marek's mis-spelling
HOAGARDEN is however not reprehensible.  In saying so I risk accusations
of trying to take the Carmichael,  but who am I to suggest that Marek Jack
in the beer-drinking and stick to Tea .....

The old ones are the best
and those too young may make nothing of the above bag of antiques

Robert