[Dixielandjazz] Venuti-Sims

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 8 14:35:02 PDT 2013

Marek Boym wrote:
> Does American jazz go well with Belgian beer?  The correct answer: YES!!!

Dear Marek,
ALL jazz goes with beer.
It is just that some beers taste better with it.
8>)

> ..."I'll Never Be the Same" is listed as by Venuti, Milt Hinton and Cliff Leeman.  I thought I heard a
> piano and that big horn of Spencer Clark.  Could I have been mistaken?

I assume that you are referring to the 1974 session on the Chiaroscuro CR134 [or Vogue VJD523] LP (which I do not have)
For "I'll Never Be The Same" Spencer Clarke is on bass sax and Dill Jones is the pianist.
Very kind regards,
Bill.