[Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheet Request

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Thu Mar 28 11:15:10 PDT 2013

Ken Mathieson wrote:

> I have to write a chart on Jelly Roll Morton's Steamboat Stomp
> for a forthcoming concert. Could some kind soul please squirt
> me a lead sheet to save me having to transcribe the melody
> and chords from the record?

Ken, you can order the Sonnenstine/Wetterau arrangement of this from Ted
Shafer at Merry Makers Record Company. It's for an 8-piece, two-cornet band,
and the chart costs $10.00. (It's a good chart -- as it happens I played a
gig with Ted's Jelly Roll Jazz Band last night, and we played it.)

You can reach Ted in Suisun City, CA, at 707-422-1224.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers
Tuba, Jelly Roll Jazz Band