[Dixielandjazz] Terry Lightfoot RIP

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 15:48:54 PDT 2013

Hi Martin,
At leat here, we are quite hip in British jazz, and yours truly is at
least partly to blame.  I am a friend of Mrs. Pasternak of Jazz at
88FM, and bring in all those British records.  Then she plays them on
the radio.  Moreover, having got into British jazz, she is on the
lookout for records while there; since she has a daughter and
grandchildren in Oxford, that means - quite often.  While most of the
bands featured do not hark back to the trad boom days (although Mick
Muligan or Cy Laurie do), she features lots of contemporary British
jazz on her programme (and when I say "jazz" I dont mean the Ronnie
Scots and the Tubby Hayeses of this world).
Cheers (havin good Israeli Trappist style 7.2% abv ale at the moment)