[Dixielandjazz] Strangers On The Shore

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 11:14:46 PDT 2013

In a message dated 3/10/2013 11:11:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rsr at ringwald.com writes:

Many years later at the Los Angeles Sweet and Hot Festival, Aker  Bilk was
there and played it. I loved the way he did it without the 20 acres  of
fiddles scratching away. Ever since then I have liked the song and played  it
while remembering how Aker played it in person.

In high school, playing clarinet I loved his whole  album and could play
his parts by ear. He was my hero then and I also met him  at the Sweet & Hot.
It's not always a good thing to met your hero's. :  )

Jazz Hugs

Judie