[Dixielandjazz] 3B`s

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 08:56:53 PDT 2013

> It is rather like Wonderful World. They are both shmaltzy tunes which were
> never intended to be considered as anything approaching jazz..

Exactly my point - Acker Bilk (and Kenny Ball) played a lot of
non-jazz material, in Acker's case - often without swing.  Barber was
a part of the same boom, was reveredby the traddies, but did not play
that kind of material.

Acker Bilk continues playing it with the band.  And the band makes it
a ral jazz number.
Cheers

\