[Dixielandjazz] FW: Kenny Ball & his Jazzmen

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:28:05 PST 2013

The good old days!
Probably 'good" because we were so much younger!
After the "trad" craze and its worst excesses, its stars went back to
playing more than just perfunctory jazz (on of the "Three B's",
Barber, actually never succumbed to the "pop" aura).  Ball became hot
again, and Acker Bilk went bact to playing honest (should I have said
"fair dinkum?") swinging jazz?  "Stranger on the Shore" sounded SO
much better with no strings attached!
I didn't realize that anybody other than Edmond Hall played "Dont Give
Me Sympathy."
Lovelu stuff!
Don't forget the Aussie Jazz programme on our 88fm on the 22nd, 17:00
GMT (taht's 5PM).
Cheers