[Dixielandjazz] "What ya want me to do"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 3 13:40:53 PST 2013

Rebecca Thompson wrote:
> One of my favorite songs.  It was written by Clarence Williams and King Oliver and recorded November 25, 1928 in New York by Clarence Williams' Novelty Four with Williams, Oliver, Eddie Lang and Justin Ring.

Dear Rebecca,
It was also recorded by King Oliver and His Orchestra as "What You Want Me To Do?" for Victor on 8 October 1929
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EmYaGUNkDk
with King Oliver, Dave Nelson (t) Jimmy Archey (tb) Bobby Holmes (cl/as) Glyn Paque (as) prob Charlie Frazier (ts) Don Frye (p) Arthur Taylor (bj) Clinton Walker (tu) Edmund Jones (d).
Very Kind regards,
Bill.