[Dixielandjazz] Food for the Band

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:40:29 PDT 2013

I book bands at the Brechin Legion and Lagoon City Community Center. Lagoon City is a community on Lake Simcoe and Brechin is the little town close to Lagoon City near Orillia Ontario.  ( cottage country )

Dinny and the AllStars, a well-known trad band from the Toronto area, will be playing at the Lagoon City Community Center on August 10th 2013.  They are making a name for themselves in the area as we have had 2 successful dances prior to the upcoming one in August.  The area is starved for live entertainment at a reasonable price and the people have really enjoyed the dances.  Many still think of "jazz" as that fast bebop stuff and can't believe how happy and danceable the music is.

The night is being billed as "A Fabulous Dinner Dance" and included is a dinner of filet mignon ( donated at a discount by a resident of the community)  etc. before the music.   The price of admission is $25.  The band is invited to have  the same meal as the audience, but is being asked to pay $10.  The organizer of the event is paying the band their asking price for the music portion.

The band members will not pay the $10, so I am covering the cost, as the budget is a tight one due to the fact they are selling
 less tickets than the hall will hold in order to have ample room for dancing.

This is a win-win situation for everyone.

  The objective is for everyone to have a great time and talk about the event so we can have many more!  ( not all dinner/dances will have filet mignon !)

Barbara Jordan
Burlington Ontario