[Dixielandjazz] What constitutes a good solo?

Phil Wilking arnold.wilking at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 21 13:24:35 PDT 2013

No, what I am saying is that everything has its place. A concert is where
"musical appreciation" and "listening to a really good band" belongs.

And even then, if it is a really good "band," I want to hear all of them
working together most of the time. If it is one good player and a bunch of
not-so-good ones, then I probably shall leave fairly quickly.

If it is a dance, then the purpose of the evening is NOT music appreciation,
it is Lady Appreciation, and the best musicians understand that.

Phil Wilking - K5MZF
www.nolabanjo.com

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.