[Dixielandjazz] Kirkcudbright Jazz Festival

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jun 11 17:06:22 PDT 2013

Hi Folks,

For any listmates heading to the Kirkcudbright Jazz Festival in Scotland this coming weekend, just a quick mail to say my Classic Jazz Orchestra will be there on Saturday evening 15th June in the Town Hall, St Mary St from 9:40 to midnight and in the same place on Sunday 16th from 3:00 to 5:15pm. It's a small but very friendly festival concentrating on New Orleans and other early jazz styles, so we'll be playing a stack of our Jelly Roll Morton, Bix, Louis, Oliver and Ellington repertoire. If any of you are going to be at the festival, please come up and say hello.

Kirkcudbright (pronounced Kirkoobray) is a gorgeous, historic wee country town near the Solway Firth in the picturesque south west of Scotland. The weather here has been marvellous here recently, so we're all crossing our fingers it stays that way for the festival. If it's all sounding great so far, the icing on the cake is that one of the main sponsors of the festival is the excellent local craft brewer, so a great weekend beckons. You can see a full list of bands, times and locations at the festival website: www.kirkcudbrightjazzfestival.co.uk

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson