[Dixielandjazz] Trad jazz in london

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 3 15:41:51 PDT 2013

David Stare asked:
> Does anyone have an current info on trad jazz in London now? I will be there in several weeks and would enjoy hearing some trad jazz. Names of clubs etc. would be great. Also same info for Edinburg. Thanks, Dave from Santa Rosa.

Dear Dave,
My dear old ex-Aussie mate, lurking DJMLer Geoff Gilbert in New Orleans (and a reluctant typist) has just phoned me from NOLA to Sydney Australia (money is no object) and asked that I pass on the following information, as your email provider bounced his attempted reply.

For information regarding what is on in London and Edinburgh, and indeed the UK, the monthly 'traditional jazz magazine' Just Jazz always has up-to-date details.
It contains pages of what is on, who's on where, gig lists and jazz festivals.
Geoff, a Londoner and regular contributor to the magazine, suggests that you phone or write (if you have time before you leave) to the Editor, Pete Lay (another mate of ours) for a copy of the latest issue.
Tel/Fax 020 8317 3837
Emai: justjazzmagazine at btinternet.com
Good luck and have fun in the UK.
We always do.