[Dixielandjazz] Carl Halen's Gin Bottle 7

Jim Bernier jimbernier at me.com
Fri Jul 26 03:08:41 PDT 2013

Tanya,

Did you ever get the Gin Bottle 7 music you were looking for?

I have two albums which were recorded in the 1950's (1954 and 1957).
I was actually at the Hitching Post in Dayton, Ohio when one of them was being practiced/recorded.

Sleeve from the 1954 recording (Red Titled Record).

1957 Recording - Good shot of the GB-7 - Carl Halen is the guy with the trumpet, left center.

Sides A & B are from the 1954 recording (Red), Sides 1 and 2, the 1957 recording (Blue). I'm building a CD of both.