[Dixielandjazz] Bruce Turner

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Thu Jul 25 08:30:10 PDT 2013

Bruce was a superb world class alto player. He was a friend of mine for more than 40 years. I used him in the BBC jam sessions I put together ( with most of the line-up drawn from the Lyttelton band!) and did an hour long live interview on air with him three days before he died from a brain tumour. He was a great character and a genuine eccentric. He had. Wonderful talent for re-naming tunes. 'Rockin' In Rhythm'  to him became 'Reekin' In Rotherham'. A Buck Clayton Jam Session became a Jack Clayton Bum Session.

Steve Voce

Sent from my iPad