[Dixielandjazz] Videotape preservation

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 17 15:46:16 PDT 2013

A friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, was employed by the Australian
Broadcasting Commission to wipe video tapes. This was back in the eighties.
Included in the pile were precious original jazz tapes which would be
invaluable today for programming the multitude of TV channels today existing
on constant repeats of programmes that I couldn't watch even the first time
around.

My mate managed to sneak at least one tape home - an ABC programme by Turk
Murphy's band in Australia. He said that he was going to give it to Turk.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell