[Dixielandjazz] Videotape preservation

Snogpitch snogpitch at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 09:43:23 PDT 2013

Back in 1975 my family went to the NBC studios in Burbank for a tour of their studio.  One of the questions I asked was how long do recorded programs get saved after they are aired. Our tour guide indicated they typically reused the media for other shows, and didn't save it for future airings. When I asked a follow up question concerning what about reruns, he said those were usually licensed for multiple airings, and if they weren't licensed, then the tapes had the same fate.  That attitude was pretty much reflected in that article.

Snogpitch

ICQ: 4989342
http://home.fuse.net/snogpitch/