[Dixielandjazz] FW: Young players

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jul 11 14:02:59 PDT 2013

Gary wrote:

>Check out this 8 year old trumpet player.
Is she great? Is the band hot? Perhaps not, it is youth band quality, but
far from poor. I wish I played like her when I was 8.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=585612591483548

Jim, do you have any insight on these folk?

Only that we've talked about this group before on djml a couple of years
ago.  They are located in Catalunya (Barcelona area) & there is very little
communication between that area & the rest of Spain.  Might as well be
another country (which is what the Catalanes want!).  That particular school
is a long way from the norm, though.  They seem to have found a lot of young
kids with talent.

Jim