[Dixielandjazz] Young players

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 14:36:51 PDT 2013

Just back drom the monthly "guitar" jam session at the Dancing Camel brew
pub in Tel-Aviv (it also serves the best cornbeef and roastbeef sandwichers
I'have ever had).
"Guitar" in quotes, because it attracts other instruments as well.
Tonight, fir example, ther e were two violinists (one in his early
twenties) and one clarinet player (35 - I asked).  So ages range from early
20's to over 60 - no too bad!
The clarinettist also sang with the leader David Mencher, and tap-danced.
Since the floor there is not quite suitable, he brought a wooden board on
which to dance.  He knew such songs as Bill Bailey - not quite his
generation's song.
Although tonight there were fewer players than before, and the trumpeter
who announced he 'd be there failed to come, it was FUN!  And some people
were new there, too - I wonder how they got the news (just kidding - must
be the facebook).
And take it from me - the pub makes really fantastic beer!
Cheers