[Dixielandjazz] Vaud And The Villains Northern California Tour

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 10 12:17:37 PDT 2013

Hi Listmates!  I play String Bass and Banjo with a band called "Vaud And The Villains" and later this month we'll be visiting Sacramento and the Bay Area.  We are a 19 piece New Orleans themed musical review show (16 musicians & 3 dancers.)

We play some Traditional Jazz (St. James Infirmary, Just A Closer Walk, It's A Sin To Tell A Lie) and some not so traditional (Some R&B, some classic rock.) I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a really fun show.  If you take a chance on it you might be surprised!

Here are our dates:

July 19th - Marilyn's On K (Sacramento, CA)
July 20th - Sweetwater Music Hall (Mill Valley, CA)
July 21st - Moe's Alley (Santa Cruz, CA)

And here's a link to our website for more info:
http://www.vaudandthevillains.com/

And for all my musician pals who are asking the question: "How does a band that big make any money?"  Two things really: The bandleader is a real go-getter and he takes good care of us.  He knows how to ask for and get what he needs for a band of this size. And second, we've got a great fan base here in the Los Angeles area (two steady club gigs a month and a fair amount of concerts and private parties) so we don't mind taking a chance and traveling to places we haven't been to try expand our fan base.  We've done this several times taking tours to New Orleans, Chicago, and the East Coast, and it's paid off well. So we'll see how Northern California works out! If you come to a show, come up and say 'hi'!

- Katie Cavera

http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera