[Dixielandjazz] FW: Sitting down

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 04:13:21 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,
Wit hreference to Bunk and Lews, you wrote " If the intention is to imitate
those old bands/photos, then that is the correct posture."

Lewis and his band were notall that old in those days, and even Johnson was
in his 60's.  But you are right in a way: it's mostly "New Orleans:" style
bands that play sitting down.

I did not mention that "Eli and the Chocolate FActory often play sitting
down" - they attract lots of kids who come and dance.
Cheers