[Dixielandjazz] Sitting down

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:27:26 PDT 2013

I had not seen Bunk or the Lewis band live, but pictures show those bands
sitting and playing.  So perhaps it was not just the Preservation Hall.
Eli and the Chocolate FActory often play sitting down, but New Orleans
Function always played standing (both led by Eli Preminger).
I have seen bands playing both ways; what matters is how they play, not
whether they sit or stand!
Tomorrow (wow, it's today already!) I am going to a guitar jam session at
the Dancing Camel Brewpub; at least one trumpeter has already announced
participation; should be fun (it was the previous times).
Cheers