[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:31:56 PDT 2013

Just back from another gig of Eli and the Chocolate Factory.
In addition to the usual banjo and bass, Eli had Amnon Ben-Artzi on his
brand new (actually - made in 1929) trombone; what a sound!  Amnon was very
enthusiastic.  My friend Donna sat in for a few numbers.  Who intrigued me,
however was a very young looking guy on clarinet; unfortunately, I cannot
recall his name.  An excellent player, as would be expected of a member of
the Israeli Philharmonic, one of the leading philharmonic orchestras in the
world, but also with the ability to swing and improvise; his solo on "Bei
Mier Bist Do Schoen" was outstanding.

Unfortunately, the joint where they played did not pay them, so it was up
to us to compensate the band; I hpe the kitty was well fed!
Cheers