[Dixielandjazz] Sad Story- need some info/help

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:38:33 PDT 2013

It is available on the Dr. Demento website (not free) but here are the
lyrics:

HOORAY, HOORAY, I'M GOING AWAY
(Sunny Skylar)

Beatrice Kay (with Mitchell Ayres and his Orch.) - 1947

(Sounds of a scream, police sirens, birds twittering)

Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' away
With the man in the little white coat
I'm all dressed up like a Christmas packet
Cosy and warm in a cute straightjacket
Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' a-way
And I'll bet you're wonderin' where
Well I just heard from Napoleon B
He wants to have a little talk with me
Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' a-way
With the man in the little white coat

Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' a-way
With the man in the little white coat
I'm all dressed up in a brand new bonnet
Ribbon of red and a birdcage on it
I'm only a bird in a gilded cage
It's the place that I call home
The window's large with the nicest view
The bars are pink and all the locks are blue
Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' a-way
With the man in the little white coat

(Musical Break + Insane Laughter)

Hooray, hooray, I'm goin' away
With the little white coat in the man

Goodbye-hic, Goodbye-hic, Goodbye-hic, Goodbye-hic, Goodbye-hic, Goodbye-hic
You know what I am? I'm a little broken record

Dave Richoux