[Dixielandjazz] "Straws & Stripes!" [Saturday...]

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Jan 30 10:24:25 PST 2013

Sheik wrote:
>My band has always worn red and white striped vests,

As it should be, Sheik.  Put the outfit to the gig.  We too have colorful
vests (a gift from a Whiskey company!) that we use for coctail parties &
some weddings.  Depends on the mood the client wants to create.  I don't
normally let the client dictate the clothes, but instead listen to how we
wants his party to be and suggest the outfit that will fit the occasion the
best.

Suits, or black shirts & trousers do for the more formal concerts, and
normal clothes for the smaller jazz club gigs.

Of course, in Europe we don't necessarily experience the sort of stereotype
problems you have in the U.S.

Jim