[Dixielandjazz] Whiteman? How about Lawrence Welk?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:20:12 PST 2013

First, you have remembered the title (the CD reissue costs $49.98 on Amazon!).
Second, Welk often featured fine jazz musicians.  His recordings with
Pete Fountain are wel known, and put fountain on the map.  But I
remember somenthing with Welk featuring Matty Matlock, played on a
Voice of Israel (Kol Israel) jazz programme some decades ago.  So I
guess that, when the band swung and featured jazz solos, it played
jazz' at other times it did not.
Cheers