[Dixielandjazz] Mike Vax's remarks

Patrick Skiffington sunshine.trail at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:32:10 PST 2013

Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

But I'm afraid I have to burst your "youth" bubble. The Crescent Katz are *
actually* between the ages of 25-36. Nor are they a "new" band. The band is
over 2 years old, and the players have been playing for many decades. This
band has played at many STJS meetings. They are ALL products of STJS's Jazz
Camp and most of them are current counselors there. I agree with you that
they have an incredible sound and energy, and they are THE face of trad
jazz in Northern California. Yet *STILL* they only get 2 sets at the
Jubilee...er, "Music Festival" this year. They are the torch bearers the
older generation *allegedly* wants. Go figure.

-Patrick Skiffington
Washboard player and Canned beer drinker.