[Dixielandjazz] Dobell's

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 5 17:05:35 PST 2013

Hello all

Ah, Dobell's. There's a name to treasure. They had a slogan, borrowed
from Cockney. It was something like "All true jazz lovers are born
within the sound of Dobells". Can anyone remember the precise wording?

Being in Australia, I had to rely on overseas mail-order for almost all
my jazz LP purchases and Dobell's, through their mail-order business
(Agate), filled the bill. Years and years of fine service. I think I
bought the entire Retrieval and VJM catalogues from them!

All the best,
Anton