[Dixielandjazz] Dobell

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:07:22 PST 2013

Oh, well!
Although the first LPs I bought in London back in 1964 came from
Selfridges (an Armstrong on Ace of Hearts and the Kid Thomas Band on
Riverside's "New Orleans: The Living Legends series), I did make the
pilgrimage to Dobell's and bought a 10" LP of George Lewis (couldn't
afford more at teh time).
I visited the 77 Charing Cross shope a few times in the years to come,
and the newre one after Dobell had to move.  And I have quite a
collection of 77 LPs.  I am still looking for Sudhalter and Son - I
was hoping these to LPs would have been reissued by GHB, but
apparently they were not acquired by the latter!  Unfortunately, I
could not afford orderin them when they were issued, and have never
come across them in any second hand store.
Cheers