[Dixielandjazz] "King Oliver" book

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:38:44 PST 2013

Dear Bill,
Comparison on You Tube is difficult, as one canno really move back and
forth without breaks.  And the no3 sound iften differs considerably
from the originakl shellack (I shouldtalk - I have most of thethings
on remastered vinyl records!).
The case for Oliver sounds convincing - based on listening, I would
definitely not have queried the trumpeter's identification as King
Oliver.  I have never thought of comparing to Tommy  Dorsey.

Cheers