[Dixielandjazz] Swing. Obscure ofshoot of jazz

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 25 21:40:34 PST 2013

No disputing the presence of merit in the actual Swing Thing programme.
My favourite BBC-ism was the repetition of recorded comments prior to a recital of settings of songs by Burns,  of one of which  this was said  (only once but the tape was re-broadcast a few times):

"the song, 'Over the Forth, to the North', which "celebrates the beauties of [Burns's native] west of Scotland."
Refer to a map.

Mind you the publicity hacks commending one CD selection of elderly blues recordings did refer to Willie McTell as a Delta bluesman. The Mississippi delta runs through Atlanta, Ga.?

Robert

>________________________________
> From: Pat Ladd <pj.ladd at btinternet.com>Hi
>In spite of the this foolish comment on the BBC, the programme itself was pretty good.

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight