[Dixielandjazz] Let's Change the Subject Line to Jabbo;

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Feb 25 14:15:16 PST 2013

From: Marek Boym
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 1:29 PM
To: Bob Ringwald
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] All Star Put Down

Dear Bill,
I heard Jabbo in Th HAgue in 1982, and he could hardly play.  He was
with an American band, not all that great, which seemed to have played
down to him!  He might have taken one trumpet solo all evening, and
the band was very excited when the leader announced "he's ready to
sing now!"
I know that he played for a jazz musical and I've read he was still
great, but I am not a fan of musicals;  I love the theatre and  jazz,
but separately, please!!!
Cheers