[Dixielandjazz] All Star Put Down

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:47:34 PST 2013

Dear Bill,
Watched three of the videos only reinforces waht I've written: much
too late.   And One Mo' Time was the musical I meant; not sure it's
really my cup of tea (strong, black, no milk, no sugar, please).
I must check the earlier recordings on Lonehill - I've heard that in
the 1950's Smith was still at the height of his powers.
But the point is that New Orleans musicians have been recorded even if
they were far from great stars (and even that is an uderstatment),
while some wonderful players were overlooked just because they were
born and played in the wrong place!
Cheers (no, after nearly a pint of 10%abv N'Ice Chouffe I'll probably
not drink anymore tonight)