[Dixielandjazz] ODJB Columbias

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 24 19:36:07 PST 2013

Marek Boym wrote:
> Strange that Rust should have been influenced by Brunn...

Dear Marek.
I doubt that he was.
It would have been from when Brian was invited to New Orleans in June 1959
by Nick LaRocca.

Bill

Two small points - I did not say that Rust was influenced by Brunn - I said
"the story as written by Brunn" - it was probably in circulation before
Brunn - I believe some of his info came from a disgruntled Edwards. The
other point is that Brunn says that he interviewed LaRocca in 1946 and went
through his collection of memorobilia then.Thirteen years before Brian Rust.

Best wishes
Jack