[Dixielandjazz] OBSCURITY

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 22 16:31:14 PST 2013

Ahhhh, the BBC has done it again!
The "documentary" called I think THE SWING THING (I hastened from the room and did not endure it again) was shown, flagged in advance with a header referring to "an obscure form of jazz"...

yep, that's what "swing" was said to have been

Dearie me, don't they know that all jazz is obscure to victims of incompetent media hacks
What would one expect given the tendency of worthies of a certain time who sometimes preceded the repeated "....., man!" of their slangy argot with the phrase JAZZ IS THE TRUTH!

Amen!
 Robert

WebRep
currentVote