[Dixielandjazz] Eighth Street Orchestra kicks off the 2013 Lupercalia Festival

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Mon Feb 18 14:22:27 PST 2013

I use the free software Audacity to quickly divide our recordings into mp3s
so the kids can listen to what they sound like, keep copies on their
portable players or trade with friends -- all this material is beyond
copyright in Canada so it is easy to share, and chopping it up makes it
much more likely to be heard

if she does divide it up, we'd love to hear it!

it may be my imagination, but I think I am seeing a renaissance in interest
in big band and dixieland (and jug band) music among the teens today,
there's something about this music that speaks to them, or at least it does
once they get beyond thinking of it as 'old' music. it may even be just as
it was for the original players, that they were just sick and tired of
dreary sweeping music coming out of the pop circuits and looking for a bit
of pep and excitement.

we're still looking for someone who can show us how to dance the Shimmy ;)

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn.blogspot.ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra.blogspot.ca*