[Dixielandjazz] The Big 18

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Sun Feb 17 22:04:30 PST 2013

does this help?

The Big 18 was a studio only big band assembled by RCA Victor Musical
Director Fred Reynolds in 1958. Reynold’s idea was to use some of the great
songs and arrangements of the big band era while showcasing some of the
star sidemen of the great bands by allowing ample time for extended solos.
There were two releases by The Big 18. They were Live Echoes Of The
Swinging Bands and More Live Echoes Of The Swinging Bands.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Big+18

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*