[Dixielandjazz] In The Mood

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Feb 11 01:19:48 PST 2013

Henry wrote:  >I hear non GMO musicians complain about "In the
Mood" all the time,  can you imagine playing it every night!?

One of the most liked tunes we play is In The Mood.  Everyone, from whatever
country, seems to know it, and we normally play to multinational crowds.

We worked out our own arrangement to fit the makeup of our band.  We do one
chorus of Moonlight Serenade...a drum break, and In The Mood. By playing the
short ballad first we get their attention, then the recognizeable
introduction to ITM gets them out of their seats.

I personally enjoy playing whatever the audience enjoys.

Jim