[Dixielandjazz] Lots of brass ..... and a drummer. ID sought

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 7 16:45:47 PST 2013

Hi Y'all,

The drummer's ID I do know - it's Sonny Igoe and the tune is, of course,
"Ring Dem Bells". But for the last 30 or so years, have never discovered who
the band musicians were, a recording date (tho' I'd hazard a guess at
*maybe* 1950/1960s West Coast) or issue record labels. I believe Igoe did
play with one of Woody's Herds so perhaps his brass sections were involved -
but that's pure speculation.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22890258/Ring%20Dem%20Bells.mp3

This mp.3 was made from a cassette I recorded from the radio probably
mid/late 1970s, tho' could have been before. Numerous occasional web
searches over a number of years have not provided any clues. As there
are not any reeds present on the recording I did at one point wonder if
was one of the Jackie Gleason all brass recordings, but drew a blank there
too.

TIA,
~~
John D