[Dixielandjazz] Looking for Linda Reilly

Stan McDonald stanmm at verizon.net
Thu Feb 7 14:33:03 PST 2013

Between 1993 and 1998 or so, Ralph Sutton made annual appearances at the Sherborn (MA) Inn, with me and members of the Blue Horizon Jazz Band.
On one or more of these he was backed by Buzzy Drootin and Jack Lesberg. In July, 1997, Jack was accompanied by a lovely friend, Linda Reilly.

After the gig, the two of them came back to my nearby home to visit with me and my wife, Ellen. It was a beautiful evening and we sat on the side porch telling stories and listening to some tapes of mine. Jack and I hit it off famously and Linda was absolutely charming. She later sent me a note of appreciation for that evening. In 2005, after Jack passed away, I attempted to send condolences to her at the address I had, in Westport, CT, but my letter got returned.

I had written in part: "I will always treasure that evening and your card memorializing it... Remember when I played a tape of me on soprano sax and Jack thought it was Sidney? I'm still trying to live up to that! God bless you both....You touched our hearts and will always be in ours."

If anyone can give me Linda's address or at least a clue as to her whereabouts, I'd be deeply grateful.

Stan McDonald