[Dixielandjazz] RIP Pat Halcox

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Wed Feb 6 02:09:25 PST 2013

I'm very sorry to hear of the death of Pat Halcox.

In 1973 I was on holiday in my home town Birmingham (UK) from my adopted
country Norway and went to a Chris Barber concert there.
I chatted with Pat who was very interested to hear about my experiences in
Scandinavia. I remember he was very interested to hear about the different
ways people say "'Bye for now!" in the Scandinavian countries - in this
connection, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

He was a trumpet player whom I have always admired, and will miss greatly.
He would have been 83 years old on March 18.

Requiescat I Pace, Pat

Bob Smith