[Dixielandjazz] Baby Won't You Please Come Home / Tom Cat (Blues?)

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 5 07:43:53 PST 2013

Thank you to all who helped me with the question of keys for verse and
chorus to BWYPCH.

Unquestionably, they're in the same key. Jim O'Briant pointed out that the
difficulty comes from the Anderson book having taken mixed verses and
choruses to the same song from different sources where they were in
different keys.

I'm having a "discussion" as to the name of Tom Cat Blues is actually just
Tom Cat. The James Dapogny collection of Morton's piano music has it as "Tom
Cat Blues" but my friend says Morton always referred to it as "Tom Cat" and
that is it's proper name.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ric Giorgi