[Dixielandjazz] Eric Luter

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:16:57 PST 2013

I have known Kiki desPlat (not personally) for quite a few years.  My first
encounter with her was as the cornet-playing leader of Certains l'aiment
chaud (some Like It Hot for those who don't understand the name); I've
recorded that band's show from telvision.  I believe that the band should
be known to American West Coast audiences, as, the the best of my memory,
it played Sacramento.  In 2003, I saw Ms. desPlat with Paul and His Gang,
playing piano and occasionslly - cornet.  And she looked very young, much
younger than she had to be if she started in the mid-80's.
Cheers