[Dixielandjazz] Alphonse Trent and His Orchestra

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:35:38 PST 2013

Upon listening to the Trent band on Historical HLP 5829-24 I've noticed
that all the tracks sound as if played much too fast.  "St. Jasmes
Infirmary" is practically not recognizable because of the speed.  The last
two numbers on the same side (side 2 - side 1 is by ZAck White and sounds
OK) continue the gallopping pace.  Yet the playing time seems to be in line
with the usual 3 minute length of old records.
Has any of you noticed that phenomenon?  I can't believe that I am the only
one on this list who has that record.
Cheers