[Dixielandjazz] Record collectors: Anybody have QRS R-7057

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Fri Aug 16 12:45:31 PDT 2013

Here's why I was asking:  Many sources call the tune "Nobody's
Business (How I Love That Man)," but the copyrighted title was "Ain't
Nobody's Business."  For Stomp Off Index purposes, I will always
defer to the "published" title (sheet music or record label) over the
initially copyrighted title, which is why it's important in some
cases to see the actual record label.  Jim "Whip" Williams, former
Salty Dogs tubaist, came up with this one.

From: Dick Baker <djml at dickbaker.org>
>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Record collectors: Anybody have QRS R-7057
>
>by the Barrel House Five Orchestra?
>
>Is the title
>          Nobody's Business (How I Love That Man)
>or
>          Nobody's Business
>or
>          It's Nobody's Business
>
>or (sob) something else?

--Dick Baker
Working on an updated version of the Stomp Off Records Tune Titles
and Composers Index
See working draft at http://dickbaker.org/stompoff/index.pdf