[Dixielandjazz] Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival--Ken Mathieson writes

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Aug 14 18:45:02 PDT 2013

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list; DJML

From: Ken Mathieson via Norman Vickers

Glasgow, Scotland resident and drummer/arranger Ken Mathieson sends a review
of recent Edinburgh JazzFest.

At my request he has given us this report and invites us to the 2014
Jazzfest there.  I've appended dates and website below.

As reported  previously, Ken has performed with and arranged for Fat Sam's
Jazz Band of Edinburgh for about 14 years and, as he writes below, performs
with his own group now.  His work as an accountant previously  has taken him
to Brazil where he participated in the music there, as well.