[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 07:52:38 PDT 2013

Last Thursday, the Isradixie played on the street in Hod Hasharon, a town
neighbouring my home town Raanana.  As the band played in front of a cafe,
it must have given a big boost to the latter's business - the oudoor patio
facing the street was mobbed!  And there were lots of people standing
around.  Music was good, despite three subs (trombone, tenor sax/clarinet
and a piano - unfortunately, a small electric one -instead of the regular
banjo).  Avram Felder and Jacques Sany are both extraordinary musicians,
and Pul Moore is a pretty good singer and all-round entertainer.  The trick
of attaching his kazoo to an artificial leg was brillinant, and the
audience loved it!
This time there were eight of us, and another friend came, too, but I did
not see him in the crowd (he sent me an email "we're here, it's wonderful,"
but I only saw it after coming home - no iphone or ipad.
Cheers