[Dixielandjazz] Musescore

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Fri Aug 2 10:10:37 PDT 2013

There has been several messages over the last year or so regarding the free music scoring program "Musescore."

I currently use Finale Printmusic, and have a hundred or so lead sheets and arrangements that I have put together. I am in the process of upgrading to a new computer and will have to either upgrade my "Finale" software or possibly use some freeware, such as Musescore.

The question I have is "Does Musescore read "Finale" file types?" I went to the Musescore website and couldn't determine if it did.

Does anyone on the list have experience with this issue?

Mike Woitowicz, Banjoist
Solo Banjo Music Shows
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band